His research focuses on development of lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic systems with integrated electrical components that enables unique biological experiments at high-throughput and high accuracy that can then be readily adoptable by the broad bio/medical scientific community. He has laid the groundwork for microphysiological systems that mimics in vivo physiological responses in vitro. These microsystems are accelerating research and development in the area of developmental neurobiology (Brain-on-a-Chip), and infectious disease. He has also developed several high-throughput single-cell assay microfluidic systems especially those involved in infectious disease and involved in microbial biofuel generation. Since 2008, he has been intensively working on Brain-on-a-Chip project and developed series of noble in vitro microfluidic platforms for revealing neural development mechanism and tools for screening potential drugs/treatments that can facilitate injured axon regeneration. The project had great impact on neuroscience society and he is currently collaborating with many neuroscientists in the world (e.g., Hong Kong, China, Korea, and USA). For the past five years, he has also been carrying out “Microalgae Lab-on-Chip Photobioreactor Platform for Genetic Screening and Metabolic Analysis Leading to Scalable Biofuel Production” and “Development of Prototype Pathogen Detection Lab-On-a-Chip (PADLOC) Systems for Real-time On-field Plant Disease Diagnostics”.
2005-2011 德克萨斯农工大学 博士
1997-2004 韩国高丽大学 学士学位
2016 – 至今 助理教授（P.I.），生物医学系工程学院，南方科技大学
2015 – 至今 助理教授（P.I.），电子与电气工程系，南方科技大学
2015 – 至今 成员，脑神经和认知科学研究中心，南方科技大学
2012 – 2014 博士后研究员助理，电气工程专业，德克萨斯州农工大学神经科学研究所
2006 – 2011 助理研究员/ 助教，电气工程专业，德克萨斯州农工大学
- Jaewon Park, Sunja Kim, Su Inn Park, Yoonsuck Choe, Jianrong Li, and Arum Han.Brain-on-a-Chip as an in vitro model system for CNS myelinogenesis study. In preparation.
- Jun Yu, Haijiao Huang, Mengxian Chen, Huixue Song, Jian Zhu, Jaewon Park, Sheng-Jian Ji. Non-nuclear pool of the m6A eraser FTO regulates local translation of mRNA in axons. Nucleic Acids Research, Published online ahead of print (2017).
- Se Hoon Jeong, Sunja Kim, John Buonocore, Jaewon Park, Jane C. Welsh, Jianrong Li, Arum Han. A three–dimensional (3D) arrayed microfluidic blood–brain barrier model with integrated electrical sensor array. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Published online ahead of print (2017).
- Heesung Lee, Junyeap Kim, Jaewon Kim, Seong Kwang Kim, Yongwoo Lee, Jae-Young Kim, Jun Tae Jang, Jaewon Park, Sung-Jin Choi, Dae Hwan Kim, Dong Myong Kim. Investigation of Infrared Photo-Detection through Subgap Density-of-States in a-InGaZnO Thin-Film Transistors. IEEE Electron Device Letters, V 38, pp. 584-587 (2017).
- Heesung Lee, Jaewon Kim, Sungju Choi, Seong Kwang Kim, Junyeap Kim, Jaewon Park, Sung-Jin Choi, Dae Hwan Kim, and Dong Myong Kim. Band-Bending Effect in the Characterization of Subgap Density-of-States in Amorphous TFTs through Fully Electrical Techniques.IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol 38, pp. 199-202 (2017).
- Hyun Soo Kim, Jaewon Park†. Neuron Culture Platform for Axon Regeneration Drug Screening. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, Vol. 119, pp. 24(2016).
- Jaewon Kim, Heesung Lee, Seong Kwang Kim, Junyeap Kim, Jaewon Park, Sung-Jin Choi, Dae Hwan Kim, and Dong Myong Kim. Hybrid Open Drain Method and Fully Current-Based Characterization of Asymmetric Resistance Components in a Single MOSFET. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 63, pp. 4196-4200(2016).
- Hyun Soo Kim, Sehoon Jeong, Arum Han, and Jaewon Park†. A Microchip for High-throughput Axon Growth Drug Screening.Micromachines, Vol. 7, pp. 114 (2016).
- Sunja Kim, Jaewon Park, Arum Han, and Jianrong Li.Microfluidic systems for axonal growth and regeneration research. Neural Regeneration Research, 9, pp. 1703-1705 (2014) (Selected as Cover article).
- *Changwoo Ban, *Jaewon Park, Dong-Young Jang, and Arum Han.Liquid-phase Capillary Etching of Poly(dimethylsiloxane) Microchannels with Tetra-n-butylammonium Fluoride. IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical System, Vol. 23, pp. 276-283 (2014) (* Park and C. Ban contributed equally as co-first authors).
- JaewonPark, Sunja Kim, Jianrong Li, and Arum
Microfluidic and Compartmentalized Platforms for Neurobiological Research – Chapter 9: Multi-compartment Neuron-Glia Co-culture Microsystem. Springer Science & Business Media, Neuromethods, Vol. 103, pp. 149-159 (2015).
- JaewonPark, Sunja Kim, Jianrong Li, and Arum
Axon Growth and Regeneration – Chapter 7: Axon Length Quantification Microfluidic Culture Platform for Growth and Regeneration Study. Springer Science & Business Media, Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol. 1162, pp. 85-95 (2014).