Prof. LIU Yanjun’s main research interests are liquid crystal photonics, plasmonics, and metamaterials. He has many years research experience in polymer micro/nano photonic structures, liquid crystal devices and laser holography. He published more than 90 papers, 30 conference proceedings, 1 book chapter and held 5 patents.
B.Eng. Shandong University 2000
M.S. Fudan University 2003
Ph.D. Nanyang Technological University 2007
2016—Present Associate Professor Southern University of Science and Technology
2010-2016 Scientist Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
2008-2010 Postdoctoral Fellow The Pennsylvania State University, U.S.A.
Chiral Surface Plasmon
Liquid Crystal Photonics
Awards & Honors
2016, SUSTech Distinguished Young Scholars recipients
2015, Joseph Wang Award
2006, National Scholarship for Outstanding Self-Financed Oversea Students
- E. H. Khoo, E. S. P. Leong, S. J. Wu, W. K. Phua, Y. L. Hor, and Y. J. Liu, Effect of Asymmetrical Nanostructures on the Extinction Difference Properties of Actin Biomolecules and Filaments, Sci. Rep. 6, 19658 (2016).
- G. Y. Si, E. S. P. Leong, X. X. Jiang, J. T. Lv, J. Lin, H. T. Dai, and Y. J. Liu, All-Optical, Polarization-Insensitive Light Tuning Properties in Silver Nanorod Arrays Covered with Photoresponsive Liquid Crystals, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 17, 13223-13227 (2015).
- G. Y. Si, Y. H. Zhao, J. T. Lv, M. Q. Lu, F. W. Wang, H. L. Liu, N. Xiang, T. J. Huang, A. J. Danner, J. H. Teng, and Y. J. Liu, Reflective Plasmonic Color Filters Based on Lithographically Patterned Silver Nanorod Arrays, Nanoscale 5, 6243-6248 (2013).
- Y. J. Liu, G. Y. Si, E. S. P. Leong, N. Xiang, A. J. Danner, and J. H. Teng, Light-Driven Plasmonic Color Filters by Overlaying Photoresponsive Liquid Crystals on Gold Annular Aperture Arrays, Adv. Mater. 24, OP131-OP135 (2012).
- Y. J. Liu, Y. B. Zheng, J. Liou, I.-K. Chiang, I. C. Khoo, and T. J. Huang, All-Optical Modulation of Localized Surface Plasmon Coupling in a Hybrid System Composed of Photo-Switchable Gratings and Au Nanodisk Arrays, J. Phys. Chem. C 115, 7717-7722 (2011).
- Y. J. Liu, X. Y. Ding, S.-C. S. Lin, J. J. Shi, I.-K. Chiang, and T. J. Huang, Surface Acoustic Wave Driven Light Shutters Using Polymer-Dispersed Liquid Crystals, Adv. Mater. 23, 1656-1659 (2011).
- Y. J. Liu, Q. Z. Hao, J. S. T. Smalley, J. Liou, I. C. Khoo, and T. J. Huang, A Frequency-Addressed Plasmonic Switch Based on Dual-Frequency Liquid Crystals, Appl. Phys. Lett. 97, 091101 (2010).
- Y. J. Liu, G. Y. Si, Y. H. Zhao, and E. S. P. Leong, Tunable Plasmonics Based on Liquid Crystals, a book chapter in Active Plasmonic Nanomaterials, Edited by Luciano De Sio, Pan Stanford Publishing Pte. Ltd., Singapore, 2015.