Xiaolan Tang focuses her research interests on silicon-based RF and millimeter-wave integrated circuits design and analysis of surface wave transmission lines, including low-power CMOS PA, LNA, phase shifters, temperature compensation circuits, serdes, multifunctional silicon chips for phased-array radars and passive device design based on spoof surface plasmon polaritons and Goubau line.Dr. Tang has more than 8 years research experience in RF and mm-wave active and passive IC design based on advanced silicon technologies and she has rich tapeout experience for many commercial CMOS and SiGe BiCMOS technologies. She was also involved in R&D of several military radars and has published more than 10 high-quality journal papers.
2009.10-2013.07 University of Grenoble, RF and Microelectronics, PhD
2007.09-2009.06 University of Sciences and Technologies of Lille, Mobility and RF, Master
2003.09-2007.06 Hohai University and University of Sciences and Technologies of Lille, Telecommunications, Bachelor (double degree)
From 2018.06 to now: SUSTech, Research assistant professor
From 2016.05 to 2018.05: SUSTech, Post-doc
From 2013.07 to 2016.03: CETC38, Engineer
Silicon-based RF and millimeter-wave integrated circuits design
Low-power multi-functional chips for phased-array radars
Theory on surface wave and its applications
Passive devices based on spoof surface plasmon polaritons and Goubau line
Awards & Honors
French National Scholarship
Shenzhen peacock plan C
- X.-L. Tang, A. L. Franc, E. Pistono, A. Siligaris, P. Vincent, P. Ferrari and J. M. Fournier, “Performance Improvement Versus CPW and Loss Distribution Analysis of Slow-wave CPW in 65 nm HR-SOI CMOS Technology”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1279-1285, May 2012.
- X.-L. Tang, E. Pistono, P. Ferrari and J. M. Fournier, “A Traveling‑wave CMOS SPDT Using Slow‑wave Transmission Lines for Millimeter‑Wave Application”, IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1094-1096, Sep. 2013.
- X.-L. Tang, Q. Zhang, S. Hu, A. Kandwal, T. Guo and Y. Chen, “Capacitor-Loaded Spoof Surface Plasmon (SSP) for Flexible Dispersion Control and High-Selectivity Filtering”, IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 806-808, Sep. 2017.
- X.-L. Tang, Q. Zhang, S. Hu, Y. Zhuang, A. Kandwal, G. Zhang and Y. Chen, “Continuous Beam Steering Through Broadside Using Asymmetrically Modulated Goubau Line Leaky-Wave Antennas”, Scientific Reports, 7(1), 11685, Sep. 2017.
- X.-L. Tang, Q. Zhang, S. Hu, S. Ge, Y. Chen and H. Yu, “Beam Steering Using Momentum-Reconfigurable Goubau Meta-Line Radiators”, Scientific Reports, 8(1), 11854, Aug. 2018.
- Y. Zhuang, G. Wang, J. Liang, T. Cai, X.-L. Tang (co-first author), T. Guo and Q. Zhang, “Random Combinatorial Gradient Metasurface for Broadband, Wide-Angle and Polarization-Independent Diffusion Scattering”, Scientific Reports , 7(1), 16560, Nov. 2017.
- X.-L. Tang, E. Pistono, P. Ferrari and J. M. Fournier, “Enhanced Performance of a 60-GHz Power Amplifier by Using Slow-wave Transmission Lines in 40 nm CMOS Technology”, International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 93-100, Oct. 2011.
- X.-L. Tang, E. Pistono, P. Ferrari and J. M. Fournier, “A Millimeter-Wave CMOS Power Amplifier Design Using High-Q Slow-wave Transmission Lines”, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 99-109, Feb. 2016.
- A. Kandwal, Q. Zhang, X.-L. Tang, L. WY Liu and G. Zhang, “Low-Profile Spoof Surface Plasmon Polaritons Traveling-Wave Antenna for Near-Endfire Radiation”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 184-187, Dec. 2017.
- K. Rudramuni, K. Kandasamy, Q. Zhang, X.-L. Tang, A. Kandwal, P. K. T. Rajanna and H. Liu, “Goubau-Line Leaky Wave Antenna for Wide-Angle Beam Scanning From Backfire to Endfire”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1571-1574, Aug. 2018.
- A. Kandwal, Q. Zhang, R. Das, X.-L. Tang and L. WY Liu, “Model Analysis of Coupled-Mode Leaky Wave Antenna For Forward and Backward Frequency Scanning”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 1360-1368, Jun. 2018.
Office: 1088, Xueyuan Avenue, Xili, Nanshan, Shenzhen
Phone (o): 0755-88018502