SUN Xiaowei, who currently is the Chair professor of EEE（Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering） in Southern University of Science and Technology of China. He was the principal investigator for 18 scientific research programs supported by Singapore government. He edited and co-edited 5 books and 3 books were published worldwide. His papers were published on world top journals like Nature Communications, Physical Review Letters, Nano Letters, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Applied Physics Letters, etc. From SCI database, his entire publications have been cited over 12000 times, other citations over 17000 times with an H index of 67. Prof. SUN Xiaowei had served as chair and co-chair for 35 international academic conferences, with over 50 times of invited reports and talks. Prof. SUN Xiaowei set up and is the chair of SID Singapore and Malaysia branch, chair of Energy Photonics, co-founder and vice chairman of Singapore-China Association for Advancement of Science and Technology and he is the editorial member of International Journal of Nanotechnology and other international journals.
Sep. 1986-Jul. 1990 BEng, Photonics, Tianjin University
Sep.1990-Jul. 1992 MEng, Optical Instrumention, Tianjin University
Sep.1994-Dec.1998 Ph.D., Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Jan.2016-Present, Executive Dean & Chair Professor Southern University of Science and Technology, China
Jan.2013-Mar. 2014, Head & Chair Professor Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
Sep.2011-Dec.2015, Professor School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Oct. 2005-Aug.2011, Associate Professor(Tenure) School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Dec. 1998-Oct.2005, Assistant Professor School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Awards & Honors
2018/2019 IEEE Nano Technology Council Distinguished Lecturer
2017 OSA Fellow
2013 APAM Academician
2013 Jacques-Beaulieu Excellent Research Chair
2012 SUSTech Distinguished Scholar
2011 Society for Information Display Fellow (SID Fellow)
2011 Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers Fellow (SPIE Fellow)
2009 Institute of Physics Fellow(IOP Fellow)
2009 Nanyang Awards for Research and Innovations
- X. Zhou, J. Wenger, F. N. Viscomi, L. Le Cunff, J. Beal, S. Kochtcheev, X. Yang, G. P. Wiederrecht, G. C. des Francs, A. S. Bisht, S. Jradi, R. Caputo, H. V. Demir, R. D. Schaller, J. Plain, A. Vial, X. W. Sun*, and R. Bachelot, "Two-Color Single Hybrid Plasmonic Nanoemitters with Real Time Switchable Dominant Emission Wavelength," Nano Letters, vol. 15, pp. 7458-7466, 2015.
- Y. Zhao, S. T. Tan, H. V. Demir, and X. W. Sun*, "Highly stable and high power efficiency tandem organic light-emitting diodes with transition metal oxide-based charge generation layers," Organic Electronics, vol. 23, pp. 70-75, 2015.
- Y. Gao, T. Van Duong, X. Zhao, Y. Wang, R. Chen, E. Mutlugun, K. E. Fong, S. T. Tan, C. Dang, X. W. Sun*, H. Sun, and H. V. Demir, "Observation of polarized gain from aligned colloidal nanorods," Nanoscale, vol. 7, pp. 6481-6486, 2015.
- X. Yang, E. Mutlugun, Y. Zhao, Y. Gao, K. S. Leck, Y. Ma, L. Ke, S. T. Tan, H. V. Demir, and X. W. Sun, "Solution Processed Tungsten Oxide Interfacial Layer for Efficient Hole-Injection in Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes," Small, vol. 10, pp. 247-252, 2014.
- X. Yang, K. Dev, J. Wang, E. Mutlugun, C. Dang, Y. Zhao, S. Liu, Y. Tang, S. T. Tan, X. W. Sun*, and H. V. Demir, "Light Extraction Efficiency Enhancement of Colloidal Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes Using Large-Scale Nanopillar Arrays," Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 24, pp. 5977-5984, 2014.
- J. Wang, L. Zhang, L. Yu, Z. Jiao, H. Xie, X. W. Lou, and X. W. Sun*, "A bi-functional device for self-powered electrochromic window and self-rechargeable transparent battery applications," Nature Communications, vol. 5, 2014.
- X. Yang, Y. Tang, S. T. Tan, M. Bosman, Z. Dong, K. S. Leck, Y. Ji, H. V. Demir, and X. W. Sun, "Facile Synthesis of Luminescent AgInS2–ZnS Solid Solution Nanorods," Small, vol. 9, pp. 2689-2695, 2013.
- X. Yang, D. Zhao, K. S. Leck, S. T. Tan, Y. X. Tang, J. Zhao, H. V. Demir, and X. W. Sun*, "Full Visible Range Covering InP/ZnS Nanocrystals with High Photometric Performance and Their Application to White Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes," Advanced Materials, vol. 24, pp. 4180-4185, 2012.
- S. W. Liu, Y. Divayana, X. W. Sun*, Y. Wang, K. S. Leck, and H. V. Demir, "Improved performance of organic light-emitting diodes with MoO3 interlayer by oblique angle deposition," Optics Express, vol. 19, pp. 4513-4520, 2011.
- T. Erdem, S. Nizamoglu, X. W. Sun*, and H. V. Demir, "A photometric investigation of ultra-efficient LEDs with high color rendering index and high luminous efficacy employing nanocrystal quantum dot luminophores," Optics Express, vol. 18, pp. 340-347, 2010.
- J. Dai, C. X. Xu, and X. W. Sun*, "ZnO-Microrod/p-GaN Heterostructured Whispering-Gallery-Mode Microlaser Diodes," Advanced Materials, vol. 23, pp. 4115-+, 2011.
- R. Chen, B. Ling, X. W. Sun*, and H. D. Sun, "Room Temperature Excitonic Whispering Gallery Mode Lasing from High-Quality Hexagonal ZnO Microdisks," Advanced Materials, vol. 23, pp. 2199-+, 2011.
- X. W. Sun*, J. Z. Huang, J. X. Wang, and Z. Xu, "A ZnO nanorod inorganic/organic heterostructure light-emitting diode emitting at 342 nm," Nano Letters, vol. 8, pp. 1219-1223, 2008.