In the past two decades, Prof. Li has worked in the field of transmission electron microscopy of functional materials with two major aspects: studying structural-properties of materials via TEM and advancing TEM techniques. For the studies of functional materials, we employed a range of advanced TEM techniques to study the structure-property of various functional materials including high-TC superconductors, multiferroic materials, nanomaterials and quantum topological materials. Recently，he work on the development of 4D-UTEM and also performed systematical studies of CO/Orbital orders in the superconducting and multiferroic materials. He has published more than 360 papers in international journals and gave over 100 invited presentations at universities, conferences and research laboratories.
1986 – 1990, Ph. D. in Physics, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100190,
1979 – 1983, B. Sc. in Physics, Physics department, Northwest university.
2019-01-present： Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, SUSTech .
2002-2019: Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P.R. China.
2001-2002: Brookhaven National Lab, Research associate.
1998 -2000: National Laboratory for Superconductivity, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, P.R. China.
1996-1998: National Institute for Research in Inorganic Materials, Japan.
- Ultrafasttime-resolved electron microscopy, electronenergy loss spectroscopy and electron holography.
- Microstructure/physical property relationships, phase transitionsand modulated structures.
Awards & Honors
He received CAS project of ‘Bairen’ at 1998 and China National Fund for Distinguished Young Scientists at 2002.
- K Sun， LI*et al Science advance (2018) 4 eaas9660
- S. Sun, L. L. Wei, Z. W. Li, G. L. Cao, Y. Liu, W. J. Lu, Y. P. Sun, H. F. Tian, H. X. Yang, J. Q. Li*, Direct observation of an optically induced charge density wave transition in 1T-TaSe2. Physical Review B92, 5 (2015).
- Z. W. Li, S. S. Sun, Z. A. Li, M. Zhang, G. L. Cao, H. F. Tian, H. X. Yang, J. Q. Li*, Ultrafast structural dynamics of boron nitride nanotubes studied using transmitted electrons. Nanoscale 9, 13313-13319 (2017).
- L. L. Wei, S. S. Sun, C. Guo, Z. W. Li, K. Sun, Y. Liu, W. J. Lu, Y. P. Sun, H. F. Tian, H. X. Yang, J. Q. Li*, Dynamic diffraction effects and coherent breathing oscillations in ultrafast electron diffraction in layered 1T-TaSeTe.Structural dynamics 4, 10 (2017).
- M. Zhang, G. L. Cao, H. F. Tian, S. S. Sun, Z. W. Li, X. Y. Li, C. Guo, Z. Li, H. X. Yang,J. Q. Li,* Picosecond view of a martensitic transition and nucleation in the shape memory alloy Mn50Ni40Sn10 by four-dimensional transmission electron microscopy. Physical Review B 96, 7 (2017).
- ZW. Li, Z.-A. Li, S. Sun, D. Zheng, H. Wang, H. Tian, H. Yang, X. Bai, Q. Li*, Direct Observation of Inner-Layer Inward Contractions of Multiwalled Boron Nitride Nanotubes upon in Situ Heating. Nanomaterials (Basel, Switzerland) 8, (2018).
- G. L. Cao, S. S. Sun, Z. W. Li, H. F. Tian, H. X. Yang, J. Q. Li*, Clocking the anisotropic lattice dynamics of multi-walled carbon nanotubes by four-dimensional ultrafast transmission electron microscopy. Scientific reports 5, 7 (2015).
- C. Ma, Y. Lin, H. X. Yang, H. F. Tian, L. Shi , J. Zeng, and J. Q. Li*,Adv. Mater.,27(2015) 6328-6332.