Ph.D. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McMaster University, Canada 1999-2004
M.Eng. Department of Automation, Chongqing University 1995-1998
B.A. Department of Automation, Chongqing University 1991-1995
2014---Present Assistant Professor Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology of China
2007-2014 Academic Researcher and Research Engineer, McMaster University, Canada
2007-2010 Lecturer McMaster University Canada
2004-2007 Postdoctoral Fellow McMaster University, Canada
Rapid Modeling and Optimization of Microwave Devices
3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping
Awards & Honors
IEEE Senior Member
Member of Professional Engineers Ontario
- S. Koziel, Q.S. Cheng, and J.W. Bandler, “Fast EM modeling exploiting shape-preserving response prediction and space mapping,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 399-407, Jan. 2014.
- S. Tu, Q.S. Cheng, Y. Zhang, J.W. Bandler, and N.K. Nikolova, “Space mapping optimization of handset antennas exploiting thin-wire models,” IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 3797-3807, July 2013.
- Q.S. Cheng, J.W. Bandler, and S. Koziel, “Tuning space mapping: the state of the art,” Int. J. RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 639-651, Nov. 2012.
- Q.S. Cheng, J.C. Rautio, J.W. Bandler, and S. Koziel, “Progress in simulator-based tuning—the art of tuning space mapping,” IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 96-110, May 2010.
- Q.S. Cheng, J.W. Bandler, and S. Koziel, “Space mapping design framework exploiting tuning elements,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 136-144, Jan. 2010.
Prof. CHENG Qingsha’s group is recruiting research assistants, research engineers and postdoctoral researchers. Anyone who is interested, please contact us.