I am a results-oriented researcher with more than 8 years’ experience in modeling, algorithm design, measurement design, testing, data analysis of various aspects in antennas and radio wave propagation applications in wireless communications.
- Doctoral of Engineering & Master of Engineering 2015.09 & 2012.09
Junichi Takada Lab, Mobile Communication Research Group, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Bachelor of Engineering 2010.07
Control Engineering in Dept. of Information Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
Research assistant professor, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China, 2018.03 – Present
Intern/Senior antenna engineer, Jaguar Wave Technology Inc., Shenzhen, China, 2017.10 – 2018.03
Postdoc researcher, Université Catholique de Louvain & Ghent University, Belgium, 2015.10 – 2018.01
Research assistant, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, 2010.10 – 2015.09
Visiting researcher, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2015.02– 2015.03
Visiting researcher, Aalto University & Nokia Solutions and Networks, Finland, 2013.03– 2013.06
Currently I am interested in the radio channel measurement and modeling in critical propagation environment, as well as the emulation of them in multi-probe anechoic chamber.
The application scenarios of assisted living and smart transportation are of great interest to me now.
Awards & Honors
Seiichi Tejima Overseas Student Research Award 2014, Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 2015
The best oral presenter at the 6th Multidisciplinary International Student Workshop, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 2014
The 3rd Prize in IEEE Student Paper Contest 2013, the IEEE Tokyo Institute of Technology Student Branch, Tokyo, Japan, Mar. 2014
MEXT scholarship, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, Japan, Oct. 2010 – Sep. 2015
Outstanding Graduates Award, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, Jul. 2010
- Y. Miao, W. Fan, J. Takada, He, X. Yin, M. Yang, J. Rodriguez-Pineiro, A.A. Glazunov, W. Wang, Y. Gong, “Comparing Channel Emulation Algorithms by Using Plane Waves and Spherical Vector Waves in Multiprobe Anechoic Chamber Setups”, IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation (1st version submitted on Nov. 2018)
- Y. Miao, T. Pedersen, M. Gan, E. Vinogradov, C. Oestges, “Reverberant Room-to-Room Radio Channel Prediction by Using Rays and Graphs,” IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation, vol. 67, no. 1, 2018 (DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2018.2878088) (SCI-index, JCR Q1).
- Y. Miao, J. Takada, K. Saito, K. Haneda, A.A. Glauznov, Y. Gong, “Comparison of Plane Wave and Spherical Vector Wave Channel Modeling for Characterizing the Nonspecular Wave Scattering From Surface, ”IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters,vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1847-1851, Oct. 2018 (DOI: 10.1109/LAWP.2018.2868108) (SCI-index, JCR Q1).
- Y. Miao, Q. Gueuning, C. Oestges, "Modeling the Phase Correlation of Effective Diffuse Scattering from Surfaces for Radio Propagation Prediction with Antennas at Refined Separation," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagations, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 1427-1435, Jan. 2018(DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2018.2794372) (SCI-index, JCR Q1).
- Y. Miao, K. Haneda, M. Kim, J. Takada, "Antenna De-embedding of Radio Propagation Channel with Truncated Modes in the Spherical Vector Wave Domain", IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation,vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 4100-4110, Sep. 2015 (DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2015.2443854) (SCI-index, JCR Q1).
- Y. Miao, J. Takada, "Pattern Reconstruction for Deviated AUT in Spherical Measurement by Using Spherical Waves," IEICE Transaction on Communications, vol. E97-B, no. 01, pp. 105-113, Jan. 2014(DOI: https://doi.org/10.1587/transcom.E97.B.105) (SCI-index, JCR Q3).