I am a self-motivated and hardworking individual, with solid experience in Digital Signal Processing and Artificial Intelligence. I am interested in doing research on Multi-channel Signal Processing, Noise Reduction, Speech Enhancement, Machine Learning and Image Processing.
2010-2015 Ph.D. in Signal and Information Processing, Department of Intelligent Systems, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Research Topic: Distributed Speech Enhancement in Wireless Acoustic Sensor Networks, 7 scientific articles and 1 patent have been published, Supervisors: Richard Hendriks and Inald Lagendijk.
2007-2010 M.Sc. in Signal and Information Processing , Department of Signal and Information Processing, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Graduate Topic: Wireless Sensor Networks of Airplane Condition Monitoring , 3 scientific articles have been published, Supervisor: Jiangcang Ma.
2002-2006 China Youth Volunteer, Guangxi, China
- Received award of “China Youth Volunteer Service Bronze Medal”.
2002-2006 B.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering, Department of Electronic and Information, Nanchang Hangkong University, China
Postdoctoral Researcher; Delft University of Technology 2015-Present
Project: Machine Learning Algorithms for Image Reconstruction, funded by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research NOW and Van Gogh Museum (No. 323.54.004).
- Investigated benefits and drawbacks of existing machine learning algorithms for image segmentation and image reconstruction.
- Analyzed valuable information in images and Designed image processing systems to improve image reconstruction performance via machine learning algorithms, i.e., deep learning and convolutional neural networks.
- Conducted performance analysis on reconstruction accuracy and computational speed.
Ph.D. Candidate; Delft University of Technology 2010-2015
Project: Distributed Optimization Algorithms for Speech Enhancement in Wireless Acoustic Sensor Networks, funded by China Scholarship Council (No. 2010629038).
- Developed novel distributed noise reduction algorithms to improve speech quality and speech intelligibility, and evaluated the performance of the algorithms by both mathematical analysis and experimental analysis.
- Developed new distributed algorithms to solve average consensus problems in wireless sensor networks and provided analysis to show the reduction of communication cost and the improvement of robustness.
- Developed distributed algorithm to estimate inverse of the correlation matrix for beamforming, and improved noised reduction performance.
- Analyzed the effect of clock synchronization on speech enhancement algorithms, and evaluated the use of three different clock synchronization algorithms in the context of multi-microphone noise reduction.
Research Assistant; Northwestern Polytechnical University 2009-2010
Project: Wireless Sensor Networks of Airplane Condition Monitoring, funded by Graduate Starting Seed Fund of University (No. Z200938).
- Developed and designed a management system of wireless sensor networks to process the observed information and monitor wireless sensors.
- Organized and led meetings of team members for system debug and test.
Graduate Student; Northwestern Polytechnical University 2008-2009
Project: Blind Processing Research of Aero-engine Vibration Signal, funded by National Nature Science Foundation (No. 60672184).
- Developed feature extraction model of the aero-engine vibration signals, and the accuracy of aero-engine fault diagnosis is improved via the proposed model and learning algorithms.
Teaching Assistant 2010
Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Prepared and graded homework solutions for the bachelor course “Digital Signal Processing”.
- Assisted bachelor students in solving project problems and writing theses.
- Zeng. “Distributed Speech Enhancement in Wireless Acoustic Sensor Networks”, ISBN: 978-94-6186-423-9, 2015.
- Heusdens, G. Zhang, R. C. Hendriks, Y. Zeng and W. Kleijn. “Distributed Beamforming Based On Message Passing”. U.S. Patent, No. US 9584909 B2, 28 Feb, 2017.
- Zeng, J. C.A. van der Lubbe, M. Loog and E. Postma. “Convolutional Neural Networks for Pixel-wise Image Reconstruction”, IEEE Trans. on image processing, to be submitted.
- Zengand R. C. Hendriks. “Distributed Estimation of the Inverse of the Correlation Matrix for Privacy Preserving Beamforming”, Elsevier signal processing, 107: 109-122, Feb. 2015.
- Zeng and R. C. Hendriks. “Distributed Delay and Sum Beamformer for Speech Enhancement via Randomized Gossip”, IEEE/ACM Trans. Audio, Speech and Language processing, 22(1):260-273, Jan. 2014.
- Ma and Y. Zeng. “Fault diagnosis method for Aero-engine based on Independent Component Analysis and Discrete Hidden Markov Model”, International Journal of Plant Engineering and Management, 2010.
- Ma, Y. Zengand G. Zhang. “Application of Feature Basis Function ICA in the Aero-engine Fault Diagnosis” ,Computer Measurement and Control, 2009.
- Ma, G. Zhang and Y. Zeng. “Application of the Combination of Blind Source Separation with Hilbert-Huang Transform in Aero-engine vibration signal analysis” have published in Mechanical Science and Technology for Aerospace Engineering, 2009.