Visa Information

Please consult Chinese Consulates or Embassy in your country of residence for official visa information.

General Information

Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner according to his identity, purpose of visit to China and passport type.

To travel to China, you may request a tourist (L) visa by submitting travel reservation information only. The applicant shall provide evidence on his financial capability of covering the traveling expenses in China, and when necessary, provide the air, train or ship tickets to the heading country/ region after leaving China. Typically nothing else is needed and it is the simplest and fastest visa.

Foreigners who intend to go to China for non-commercial exchanges, study tours, sports, and other non-business activities may apply for F visa. For detailed information please ask embassy/consulate visa offices. Some information is available online.

To make your trip to China an easy and pleasant one, you are kindly advised to consult the local Chinese Embassies or Consulates-General first for travel information. They will readily help you go through the necessary procedures.


Typically to apply for a Chinese visa, the following items are needed:

(1) A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa; (2) One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant; (3) One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted); (4) Other related application materials according to different purposes for your trip to China; (5) Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer.

For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate near you.

Invitation letter

To be added soon

Local Assistance

To be added soon



Sponsor: IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology

Technical Co-Sponsors: Southern University of Science and Technology, Key Lab for Health Informatics of Chinese Academy of Sciences at SIAT

Supported by Ofweek